Knowledgebase: Claim Rejections
Duplicate claim (within 90 days) (RC07)
Posted by Will Morrow, Last modified by Charmagne Williams on 15 May 2017 03:54 PM
Rejection: Duplicate claim (within 90 days) (RC07)|
What happened: A duplicate claim was sent.
Resolution: If the claim is a corrected claim, turn off the Duplicate Filter and contact the payer to verify how to submit a corrected claim electronically. Here are the steps to turn off the Duplicate Filter:
1. You will need to be signed into the ‘Service Center’ level of Office Ally, not Practice Mate or EHR. To be sure you are logged in correctly, go to www.officeally.com, and then just click the word ‘Login’ and put in your user name and password.
2. After logging in, on the left hand side of the page, there will be a list of blue links. Towards the bottom of the page there will be a category titled ‘My Settings’. Under that category will be a link titled ‘Admin Section’. Hold your mouse over that and click ‘Duplicate Filter Setting’.
3. On the next page, select how long you would like to turn off the duplicate for, e.g. the next 24 hours, 48 hours, or permanently.
4. Put your name in the box below so there is a record of who chose to turn off the filter.
5. Click the button that says ‘Turn Off DeDuping’.
6. Another box will pop up asking ‘Are you sure…?’ Click ‘OK’.
7. Once this is completed, you can resubmit your claims as necessary.
NOTE: We do have a list of payers that cannot have the duplicate filter turned off for. For that list, contact our customer service department.