BCBS MI 00710 - CONTRACT ALPHA PREFIX
Posted by Will Morrow, Last modified by Charmagne Williams on 18 May 2017 07:17 AM
Rejection: A3 164 P615 CONTRACT ALPHA PREFIX IS REQUIRED
What happened: There are a few possibilities:
- 1: The insured ID in box 1a did not contain the alpha prefix from the subscriber ID.
- 2: The patient is a member of the Federal Employee Plan and a qualifier other than "FI" was sent in loop 2000B SBR09. Note: This is generally the issue when this error message is posted along with this message on the claim: A3 164 P013 CONTRACT NUMBER IS INVALID
- 1: Verify the ID on the insured ID card and update the claim as necessary.
- 2: Depending on the submission method, the resolution will vary:
- Office Ally Online Entry, Practice Mate/EHR, Print Image Upload: Add the word "Federal" or "FEP" in box 11c.
- ANSI 837p Upload: This cannot be fixed in Claim Fix. This will need to be corrected in the software and resent. The qualifier "FI" will need to be sent in 2000B SBR09.